The New Westminster Amateur Radio Club, is an organization that was created to promote the exciting hobby of Amateur / Ham radio and emergency communications.
In 1996 the NWARC was formed and is a non-profit society organized to deliver communication services during emergencies. NWARC can provide qualified communications personnel to establish ad-hoc communication links where and when they are needed. NWARC augments the community's existing communication infrastructure, providing the additional capacity that is often needed during emergencies
The club holds it's montly buiness meeting on the third Tuesday of every month. The doors open at always at 7:00pm. However, the formal business meeting starts at 7:30pm and normally runs to 8:30pm or 9:00pm. You do not have to be a member to attend our meetings.
Meetings are not held in July or August. The December meeting may also be canceled depending on its proximity to Christmas. Please contact the executive [ exec @ nwarc . org ] if you plan on attending the December meeting.
We hold our monthly meetings at the rear of the City of New Westminster parks board building, also called Century House. It is located at 620 Eighth Street, New Westminster, BC.
Amateur Radio News
- Slain Surrey teen remembered at vigil
- Mini-van crashes into Surrey home, sparks small fire
- B.C. premier heads to Alberta for pipeline talks
- Musqueam wins fight over Marpole Midden
- Omar Khadr returns to Canada
- BCGEU reaches tentative contract with B.C. government
- Madonna ticket prices slashed for Vancouver gigs
- B.C. First Nation backs RCMP investigation of Furlong
- Anti-salmon-farming activist wins B.C. court victory
- Too much opposition to approve pipeline, panel hears
Local Weather Radar