* Maintain the highest level of communication support to the community for a variety of events and in the event their systems fail, to significantly contribute to the overall effectiveness of the community response in a disaster.
* Provide mobile and portable communications systems to link the site(s), reception centres/shelters, RECC, and the EOC.
* Ensure each member is trained to operate the NWARC equipment on site, improve their communication skills, and ability to respond in an emergency.
* Promote public awareness and train citizens of the community to qualify for basic licence qualifications in amateur radio, personal preparedness as well as emergency response activities in their neighbourhood.
* Assist the New Westminster community with volunteer hours and communications for public events and when an emergency occurs or appears imminent.
* Promote the hobby and fraternity of amateur radio.